Created in 1978, the Brazilian College of Sport Science (Colégio
Brasileiro de Ciências do Esporte - CBCE) is a scientific association
that connects researchers from the Physical Education and Sport Science
fields. Organized into State Boards and Thematic Work Groups, leaded by
a National Board, CBCE is represented in various governmental areas, and
affiliated to the Brazilian Society for the Progress of Science (Sociedade
Brasileira para o Progresso da Ciência) and takes its place in the
main events related to the area of knowledge.
Its national scientific event, the Brazilian Congress of Sport Science (Congresso Brasileiro de Ciências do Esporte - Conbrace), takes place every two years, and it has became one of the major scientific events in the Brazil. Moreover, regional conferences as well Thematic Workgroup meetings have been organized, with relevant importance and impact on our academic community.
The Brazilian Journal of Sport Science (Revista Brasileira de Ciências do Esporte) - RBCE, is the official peer-reviewed journal of the CBCE. Free full access including downloads is provided online from the SEER-CBCE platform. Besides we launched one year ago ‘Cadernos de Formação’ (Reports in Formation) with a different purpose of RBCE, the new Journal has focus on the experiences related to practice of teaching in Physical Education.
The last few years came to bring professionalization to the administrative structure of our entity and its actions became more and more visible. Therefore, we invite you to join the CBCE as a partner.
* To represent the academic community in various areas;
* To organize the Brazilian Congress of Sport Science (Conbrace) every two years;
* To organize of Regional congress and other scientific events;
* Taking part with specific programming on the Brazilian Society for the Progress of Science (Sociedade Brasileira para o Progresso da Ciência) meetings;
* To produce the Brazilian Journal of Sport Science (Revista Brasileira de Ciências do Esporte);
* To produce Newletters, documents and informative texts.